Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First Arrival

I was not personally involved in the purchase of this car because I was finishing up my semester
at RPI. I merely gave the following wish:

I would like another Volvo 245 if at all possible.

obviously that wasn't possible, but I suppose in the grand scheme of things the 855 was the next best alternative.

When we got the car it looked like this...

As far as exterior changes go the front air dam has been repainted, and many small paint chips have been dealt with. It should be noted that there is still plenty to do when it comes to paint. The previous owner must have gotten into a fight with a bush.

The interior was completely cleaned down and came out really well. The only problem with the interior is that at some point a dog had sat in the front passenger seat and scratched up the door a bit. The rest of the interior really couldn't be complained about too much.

Overall the car was in pretty good shape I don't like a few things about it, but beggars can't be choosers. My two main gripes are the color and the instrument cluster. I would have liked another silver car. As for the instrument cluster I would have liked to have the tach on the left side, and some depth to the gauges instead of everything being completely flat.

As with just about any used car bought from a private seller some work is needed. Even though Volvos are known to last forever the need maintenance like any other car on the road. The following work was done:
  • New Radiator
  • All New Rotors/Pads (brakes)
  • Rear Calipers (brakes)
  • 4 New tires (aligned & balanced)
  • Oil Change
  • Misc bulbs and other small items
The car was now ready for action (read: It was now ready to transport me safely half way across the country to Michigan.)

Mileage: Approx 181,000

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home