Sunday, July 30, 2006

Oil Change & Underside Inspection

Well The Chiseled Brick has hit 201,000 miles. This means two things. One, the journey to 300,000 miles has begun and two, I'm about 2,000 miles overdue for an oil change (I like to change the oil every 3,000 miles). It's not that bad because the recommended interval is 5,000.

On Saturday I changed the oil. This went fine except for after taking the car for a quick spin I noticed that I was loosing oil. I put the car back up on the ramps and noticed that oil was leaking from both the drain plug and the oil filter. I tightened the oil filter a bit and then checked the torque on the drain plug. As it turns out 26 Nm is not the same as 26 Ft-Lbs. The leak has since been remedied.

I figured that since I was back under the car I should take a look around and take some pictures. Overall everything looks alright. The only thing I could find was some kind of oil/fluid leak as seen in the picture. I'll have to investigate this further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home