Saturday, March 18, 2006

Radar Detector Hardwired

That's right it's finally done. I finished installing it a few days ago and love the way it came out.

Wiring it into the car was a bit trickier than I expected. I figured that I would make the connections on the driver's side, but when I removed the panel I was greeted with more wires than I cared to count. I also failed to see any wires headed in the direction of the cigarette lighter. I partially dismantled the center stack and console. I traced the wiring harness to the passenger side where I used some tap in connectors that I bought at RadioShack. They made installation a breeze. I checked that I was getting the correct voltage on those wires, I was. I connected everything snaked a lead up to the radar detector itself and there we have it ladies and gents.

The setup now looks a lot better without wires hanging all over the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home