Friday, February 10, 2006

Back on track

Well Amazon.com sent the correct part, and I got it yesterday. I also decided that I needed to start working on my little project right away because that's how I operate.







I quickly realized that the stock case needed to be cut down to fit inside the plate. I also needed to cut the inside of the plate out.











Cutting a small opening we are left with a more or less hidden radar detector controller. Next to the modified one is an unmodified plate that I picked up from Volvo.








Now I'm not done (obviously this isn't installed in my car), but I'm not happy with the overall appearance. I was going for a more streamlined look. The current configuration looks a bit tacky and I'm not sure it's any better than what I've currently got. I plan on taking the second cover that I bought and drilling three holes (Power, Alert, Mute) and putting the sticker on the outer plate. This should give me the look I'm looking for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home