Monday, January 30, 2006

Rear window washer

When the car was purchased way back in May it was discovered that the rear window washer did not work. This didn't phase me too much because it was summer and since I was driving regularly I cleaned the back window when I filled up the tank.

Enter northeast winter...

Winter in the northeast is one of the worst times for a car, the roads a white, but this is not snow this is salt. Having a wagon just makes it worse because all of the salt an other wonderful road chemicals get plastered to my rear window. I have finally started to look into what is required to get this working.

My research into the area has me headed in the following direction test wise:
  1. Locate/Test washer pump (replace if non operational and wires have power)
  2. Locate washer filter (replace if clogged)
In reality I will probably replace the filter regardless (unless spotless) just to make sure that it doesn't clog up in the near future.

Today's trip to the Volvo dealer might be postponed so I can diagnose this whole pump thing instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home