Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Front suspension

I had spent one night in my apartment. The following day my parents were headed back home and I was to meet them for breakfast at their hotel. When I came into the parking lot I heard a very loud bang. I thought I tore the airdam off the car, I didn't. I examined the car and couldn't figure out what made that sound, so it was promptly shrugged off.

The next few weeks going to and from work I kept noticing a weird feeling in my gas pedal, and a strange clunking noise whenever I went over bumps. At my apartment I wasn't able to diagnose the problem until I leaned against the passenger fender. The car moved down from my weight, but the top of the shock didn't. Now I'm no wiz, but that's not right.

Off to the dealer the car went. I've got to give the service guys some credit, they treated me very well. I told them what had happened and I handed my car over to them.

The next day I received a call at work from the dealer. He listed every suspension componet that I knew of and then a few more. Oh how it hurt. The quote was for about $3,100.00 . Well I can't afford that, so I called home real quick. I gave the dealer the go ahead with them knowing that my parents would be paying for the work over the phone.

A day or two later my was ready. The following work had been preformed for just over the original quote:
  • Front spring seats
  • Front shocks
  • Control arms
  • Spindles
  • Protecting plates
  • auxiliary belt
  • Coolant Cap
  • Gas tank recall
The reason so much had to be replaced was because at some point these the bushings that fit into these parts were redesigned, and since all of my bushings were shot to hell everything pretty much had to go. It was certainly painful, but the car feels great now, what a difference!

Here's most of what they took out:

Well at least it came with a 1 year warranty.

Mileage: 183,323

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home