Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Inspection & repair of the HVAC system

Armed with instructions from Bay 13 and my trusty toolbox I tried to figure out what made my trip out to Michigan so wonderful.



First I needed to remove this wonderful cover, behind it is a knee bolster, even more removal fun.









The glove box also needs to come out which gives us a nice internal view of the dash.










We can see that I've already removed the fan assembly (large hole) and the resistor pack (small hole). If you look closely the door in the fan hole is what controls the air recirculation.









Notice how dirty this resistor is, the fan was even worse and had almost seized up causing those pesky blown fuses and a failed resistor.









To satisfy my own curiosity I activated the recirc control and nothing happened. Turns out this little guy broke, and notice that the material has changed on the new one, guess Volvo figured something out.

Everything gets put back and closed tight.

And so ends my first fix-it-yourself experience (with this car).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home