Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Two original problems

Two problems that the car has is that the front driver's seat doesn't recline and the clock and temp display light had burned out. Well after spending my two week vacation on the road quite a bit of it at night I had enough of this not knowing what time it is junk. I figured that I could certainly do it for next to nothing. I went to the dealer picked up the bulb for a few dollars. While I was there I asked if they had the seat cable, they did, I bought it as well. The installation of the bulb was interesting.

First the top of the dash needed to be removed by unscrewing several torx screws. This involved removing all of the vents and a bit of finesse.

After getting the top of the dash off I needed to unplug the instrument cluster and remove it.

With the cluster out of the car I took the dead bulb out and replaced it with the one I had purchased. I put the cluster back in the car, buttoned everything back up and patted myself on the back.

I have not gotten around to fixing the seat cable yet because the seat is in a decent position right now, so why bother with it?

mileage: 185,000(ish)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home