Sunday, January 29, 2006

The bulbs

Well I couldn't help myself. After laying out that roadmap to what I wanted to do with my car I just had to start. The bulbs that have been annoying me are in the headlight switch.









First I took the unit out of the dash.











Next I decided that I needed to open the unit up, wrong.










As we can see here the lights can be pulled out from behind, which makes it really easy to replace the bulbs.

I began to think about buying some LEDs from RadioShack and simply making my own lights, but I ruled this out because it would take longer and I liked the brightness where it was and I didn't want to either be blinded or left with something that I still couldn't see.

Tomorrow I'll go to the dealer and buy two new bulbs, slap them in and be done with the unit for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home