Saturday, November 18, 2006

Strut brace installed

Well apparently the factory brace isn't designed for cars before the 1996 model year. All this really meant was that I needed to modify a bracket and reroute a harness on the driver's side strut tower. The whole process took about an hour since I had to make a trip to Lowe's and Autozone once I realized that I needed to make some modifications. I didn't realize this until I had undone all the nuts first though.



This is how the strut tower on the driver's side looked before the strut brace.










This is how it looks now. I unplugged that wiring connector and rerouted the one end back underneath a wire tunnel on the strut tower and back up to where it is shown in that picture. Since I modified the bracket that it was originally attached to I zip tied it to the ABS module and what was left of the bracket.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home