Sunday, April 01, 2007

Brakes

Recently I've been all psyched about putting in my new gauges and headlights, but I have come up with a more pressing matter. After some racing over spring break I noticed a squeaking coming from my front passenger side wheel. I figured I had finally damaged the bearing significantly. I then noticed that this squeak would disappear when I used my brakes. I then started to think that maybe I got something stuck somewhere by the rotor. Well today ladies and gents I figured it out. I went for a drive and the squeaking was the worst its ever been. When I went to look at the wheel I noticed that it was noticeably hotter than the others and was also covered with a significant amount of brake dust that the other wheels didn't have. It is now obvious that the caliper is sticking. Just another thing I have to replace this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home