Friday, February 16, 2007

Front sway bar

So as I said a long time ago there aren't a whole lot of engine upgrades that I can easily do with a naturally aspirated engine so that leaves visual (cosmetic) and handling upgrades. One large component in vehicle handling is the sway bar also known as the anti-roll bar (further explanation).

This job was pretty straight forward the directions that IPD included were excellent for the most part, a little hicup now and then but overall the job was easy. I took my time, so I forget how long it actually took but I know it wasn't a multiple day project. I also took the time to replace my end links again an easy job.

My only complaint with the IPD links is that they are harder to tighten than the OEM ones because griping the stud is harder since there is no torx insert on them which the OEM features.


Since I'm paranoid when working under the car I had it supported at 4 points. Two jack stands on the front lift points and two hydraulic jacks on the center jacking points. The blue scissor jack was used to lower the rear of the sub frame.






Look at that she lowered just fine. You can also see the old sway bar with it's stupid non replaceable bushings.










Here we can see the new bar and end link, so pretty.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home